Tuesday 25 September 2012

Industry In Review

It's been a little over a year since I started reviewing video games. In that year alone I have played and reviewed 74 games, and that doesn't include everything I've played in the years before I started reviewing. My Steam library is currently sitting at 173 games (under a particular counting method), and I have a couple of shelves full of Nintendo and retail PC games. I play over 1,000 hours of video games every year.

I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means. Due to personal preference there are genres I mostly ignore - RTS, MMO, racing, sports, mobile/handheld. But I do think that I'm in a reasonable position to make at least some comments about the state of the industry and where I'd like to see it go.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be posting articles with the "Industry In Review" tag, exploring genre, mechanics, and some social aspects of gaming, and to wrap things up and bring the ideas together, I'll post some ideas for games that I've been mentally working on for a long time, but don't do me any good just sitting there.

Of course, I'll try to keep up with Wednesday reviews as well.

And here's a list of the Industry In Review articles as they update:

No comments:

Post a Comment