Thursday 22 December 2011

Monetising

So, I've decided to apply for Google AdSense for Post-Launch Reviews. What does that mean? It means that, pending application approval, you'll be seeing ads show up in the sidebar and between posts. Those ads will hopefully earn me a bit of revenue off the site, which I currently maintain on my own time for zero profit.

If any of you are regulars, I would certainly appreciate it if you disabled AdBlock on PLR. I have AdBlock installed on my copy of Firefox because I hate most internet ads, so I'll understand perfectly well if you don't want to. However, I do get some degree of control over what ads will show up -- I believe I can remove anything if I want to -- so I'll do my best to make sure nothing annoying or completely unrelated pops up.

I'm also hoping to set up a Google Checkout account for donations, in case anyone's feeling generous and would like to support me and the site. There'll be a checkout option on the sidebar for donations.

It would certainly be nice to make a bit of money off the site, especially considering that I'm unemployed right now and the job market isn't looking that great.

I'd like to hear what you readers think about monetising and ads. Is it a good idea? Do I deserve to be paid for my time investment? Or am I a lazy slacker who wants to be paid to play video games? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing as though the ads won't really bother anyone, with people easily able to ignore or block them, and you are providing a service, both to your readers and to those who advertise, I say go for it, might as well get something back for your effort.

    ReplyDelete